Ignition Switch???

I just picked up a 1990 miat for my daughter. About a week ago I noticed the power windows and a/c fan would not work. The they started working. I noticed if they are inop and I wiggle the ingintion key (with car running) they start working. I suspect teh ignition switch contacts are worn. Does my diagnosis make sense?

Reply to
Bill_Kenney

"Bill_Kenney" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Sounds like it. After you replace the switch tell your daughter to not have a heavy key ring, for quite a few years most Ford products have suffered bad ignition locks from heavy key rings.

Reply to
XS11E