Key tags

I could not resist the KG Works starting console at R-Speed, though my experiences with the big red button had left me somewhat wary. I had at least one idiot, on finding that the key did not start the car, use the tried and true method of increasing the force on the key in an attempt to reach the elusive contacts, dislocating my ignition lock mechanism quite badly. (I managed to force the key back in the lock and the mechanism now seems fine again.) In addition, the Miata key is known to break relatively easily.

So, when I ordered the console, I also asked the knobmeister to make me up a pair of tags warning that the key does not start the car. He send me four to try:

nice, I think. I put the little bar with yellow texton the spare full key in my wallet. (The picture does not showit well, but the yellow text has a very nice note of urgency.) I put the red tag on the valet key. I would think even the most inattentive valet or oil-changer would have difficulty failing to notice it. Unfortunately it broke when dragging my keys out of my pocket in a half-sitting position. So I switched to the pear shape. I suggested that Joe might want to switch to a different material or change the saw-tooth edge of the red one.

Anyway, Joe seems to think these keys are a good idea too. He even started a new category on his site. :) It could be a major nuisance if somebody broke your lock or key while you are traveling.

Recommended for those like me, who love to spend their MSU's to be able to do MORE work while starting the car. ;)

Leon

Of course, no business relation at all. I even send Joe payment anyway, for *two* tags, since I ordered two. :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen