Leather seat 'answer'

I previously posted a question asking if the OEM leather seat covers could be swapped from passenger to drivers seat.

Although it did not generate any responses (strange, I thought) I do believe there are others wondering this same thing so I'll provide an answer here that I dug up in the 'forum' on miata.net. The drivers seat and passenger seats are not symmetrical and neither are the seat covers. Close, but no cigar, so-to-speak.

If you attempt to install the entire seat over on the drivers side, the mounting holes do not match. I could not find anyone claiming to have defeated this problem.

Hey, that's almost enough negativity to spur me to try it!

Thanks, Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

In Australia, NZ and other parts of the right hand drive world there is a thriving trade in ex Japanese domestic market cars for parts and in some cases as complete cars. This might be one example where the fact that the source cars are RHD makes the parts, specifically the passenger (left) seats, more suitable for sale into the US.

Reply to
Graham