Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club Drive To Survive

The LVMOC will be holding its Fourth Annual Drive To Survive, to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, on Sunday, October 5,

2008, beginning at Young's Mazda, Route 33 and Hecktown Road, Easton, PA. The event will run from 10:00 am to approximately 4:00 pm.

The reason for this event's elevated level of awesomeness is threefold:

First, the THE DRIVE TO SURVIVE gives you the opportunity to participate in a spirited drive with fellow Miata enthusiasts on some of the most enjoyable roads in the Lehigh Valley and Pocono areas. You will have the opportunity to experience such renowned PA thoroughfares as the Bushkill drive and the Million Dollar Highway. You will have the chance to once again practice the "Le Mans start", the "wave through", the "Miata wave", and most importantly, participate in the well-known rousing CB chat of any Miata drive, for as we all know, chatting on the internet with our fellow LVMOC'ers is fun, but it's a whole lot more fun communicating orally in real time while driving!

Second, unlike other drives which include some fun driving and some great food only, this drive also includes PRIZES! During the silent auction period of this event you will have the opportunity to bid on a group of Miata-related and non-Miata-related items. This year's list of donations is, by far, the coolest to date. Among the prizes you could go home with this year are numerous gift cards to local stores and attractions, a NINTENDO WII, a Weber grill, a "Spaghetti Dinner" basket , a DVD player, Service and parts discounts from North Penn Mazda and even a BOSS FROG ROLL BAR !

The third and most important component of this event's triad of coolness is the fact that while our other events are centered around our shared love of fun roads, the creation of beer, the mysteries of potato chip production, the love of domestically produced wine or other intrinsically-motivated pursuits, this event is centered around helping others and promoting their quality of life. 100% of the proceeds of each year's THE DRIVE TO SURVIVE are donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in the hopes that a cure for this disease may be found. Since LVMOC has been hosting this event we have donated more than $23,000 to the BCRF, a feat which may be the crowning achievement of our organization.

Because the THE DRIVE TO SURVIVE is more than just a drive, signing up to be a part of this event involves a bit more than just posting that you'll be there. To become part of the drive you must download, print, fill out and mail the registration form, along with a $30 per person donation, to Chuck Carleton, the co-organizer of the event. Your $30.00 per person registration donation gets you not only a fun-filled day of driving and lunch but also a complementary ticket for the silent auction (additional tickets can be purchased at the event to increase your chances of winning the prize of your choosing), and the feeling that you have done something to help find a cure for this disease.

More information is available on the LVMOC website:

and on the event website
as well as links to the raffle items.

Tickets for the raffle may be purchased ON-LINE and you need not be present to win. Registrations will be accepted the morning of THE DRIVE TO SURVIVE but there will be only a limited number of event t-shirts available then.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva
  • Iva wrote in rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata:

[...]

Anyone know of anything like this in Dallas or the North Texas area?

Reply to
SINNER

I'm happy to announce that our Fourth Annual Drive To Survive took in over $10,000 this year! We're still waiting for some of the pledges but at this time we have over $10,600 to donate to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Photos, etc., can be found at our website

- you may have to join the website to view them but there is no cost to do so.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

That's really great. Is the Drive to Survive usually scheduled for the first weekend in October? We'll have to put it on our calendar for next year.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

We usually try to schedule it for the first Sunday in October. Our calendar is usually posted on-line sometime after the beginning of the year. Although it is greatly subject to change!

The raffle for the watches is still on-going so our final number is still climbing. And every penny we raise goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation - we keep no funds for the club, other than a minimal amount, usually around $50, to keep the bank account open.