Light-reminder-buzzer and interior-lighting-dimmer problem...

A while ago I modified my 'key-in-ignition-and door-open-buzzer' into a 'lights-on-reminder-buzzer'. Great option and no problems so far. I recently added an interior light dimmer (#844055 at

to let the interior lights stay on for 20secs after I closed the door. This component is electronically placed parallel to the door-switch and lets the current flow when the door is closed. Now I have this problem. In the past, when the headlights were on and I closed the door, the buzzer would stop immediately, just as you would expect. Now, with the dimmer connected, the buzzer 'fades out' with the interior light. I don't want that! I read in some post a while ago that you could prevent this by placing a diode somewhere in the circuitry. I have searched over and over again, but I can't find this post... Do any of you guys (and girls) have any idea what to do? Any experience with this sort of problem? Thanks!

Jeroen

1991 Crystal White Miata The Netherlands
Reply to
Jeroen Feelders