Looking for a Miata-SoutWest US

Last Thursday I totaled my wife's red 93. But it did save my life. Airbag deployed, seat belts were snug, only minor injuries, considering what the alternatives were. Anyhow, We are looking for another Miata and if anyone has one for sale or knows where one is for sale in the SW , please let me know. We live in Tucson, Arizona, if that helps. Tom

Reply to
Cat in the Hat

I'm glad the car saved your life, pretty solid little critters, aren't they? Your wife is OK, I hope? From your post I'm guessing she wasn't with you?

I ass-U-me you'll check the usual places, local paper, Phoenix paper, Craig's list, Cars.com, etc. There are some for sale on miata.net but I haven't looked to see if there are any in your area.

You know Google will find you the newspapers for Albuquerque, San Diego, etc., you can check classifieds there.

Reply to
XS11E

It's not hard finding Miata's, it's hard PICKING just one!

Good luck, post some specs here if you have a couple in mind. Some (most?) of us are ardent (can't say professional, nobody pays me) Miata shoppers!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yes, there have been some insane deals lately. I may stay with the '91 turbo, at least for now, but some of these deals are very tempting.

Austin has at least a couple of interesting new ones go up every week on Craigslist, though only one has come equipped with a "WING + HUGE TAK!".

Pat

Reply to
pws

There are a few interesting low-mileage miatas that have shown up recently.

Here is a 1993 LE for just under $4,000.

Here is a 10 AE for a little over $10,000.

And for a little over $16,000, here is a 2004 Mazdaspeed miata.

No affiliation.

Pat

Reply to
pws

"..and like a girl gone wild, this Convertible is ready to have its top taken off."

Nice. I think I will call mine CGGW now (the 'C' is for classy, 'cause that's what she is ;-).

Cat in the Hat, glad you're okay and a couple other websites you might want to take a look at are autotrader.com and eBay motors. Very easy to set search parameters (including location, price, etc.) on autotrader, and you get a good idea of what people are asking in your area. As for the latter, I used to think "Who buys a car on eBay?", but I got CGGW on eBay two months ago and it worked out great. It probably isn't for everyone but if you are patient, careful, and flexible, there is a ton of offerings and you may end up with a sweet deal. Anyway, good luck on your search.

Reply to
earache

My bride and I have been using all the suggestions to look for a replacement for her "Mimi" (as she called it.) Tomorrow we are going to look at two 95 M editions. They are almost identical, only difference being mileage. We're taking cash and coming home with one of them...I'd love to buy 'em both...(honey, if you're reading this, I'm kidding.) Not! Tom

Reply to
Cat in the Hat

"Cat in the Hat" wrote

The last "Tom" we had here ended up buying FIVE Miatas after selling his new Corvette. It is your destiny.....

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Ken, that's a destiny I won't complain having! We bought the first one we looked at, it is absolutely gorgeous! Yes, I'd love to have a matched set but ya can't have everything...at least not yet. Tom

Reply to
Cat in the Hat

All M1's, iirc. A yellow '92, a black '93LE, a '95M Edition and two more that I can't remember but it seemed like they were also pre-1999 models.

I can see owning two miatas, and possibly even three, but I think that I would get a Sport Vehicle (not utility!) or a beater pickup truck, and then a people hauler sedan as my fourth & fifth vehicles if I had 5 of them. Of course, he may have these as well, the bastard. He probably has an airplane and a big yacht back there too. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws