Lucas Fuel Treatment?

Anyone try this stuff?

People at Autozone think it good for cleaning fuel injection system, etc

Reply to
me

Frankly after owning a 1968 MGB for 10 years, I wouldn't buy

*anything* with the Lucas name on it.

Joke: Lucas decided to go into the vacuum cleaner business and failed miserably. It was the only thing they ever made that *didn't* suck.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

I myself think that Chevon's Techron product, works very well. You don't have to buy it at their stations. I believe that it is also sold in places like WalMart's Auto Dept.

Reply to
S K

I had a '60 MGA. My friends suggested to me that the name wasn't really "Lucas Electric" it was "Lucas, Prince of Darkness".

Sometimes I forget the Miata things that I'm grateful for. Turn signals that blink, engines that run even when it is raining, electric fuel pumps that actually pump fuel, lights that light... The MG wasn't so good at that. Not to mention having "side curtains" instead of windows and a bleeping wooden floor!

Mike

Best way to clean injectors is to use good fuel and drive a long way:-)

Reply to
J Brockley

Agreed but some people are stuck driving very short distances to work and back every day.

For those people maybe the best way to clean a fuel system is to fill up with Chevron with Techron every 3 0r 4 tankfuls, I suspect it might also be cheaper than buying an additive?

Reply to
XS11E

Buying the Chevron Techron additive, wherever (WalMart, I think) is much more concentrated, and like Larry the Cable Guys says will, "GET ER DONE.">>LOL LOL :-).

Reply to
S K