Luggage

I'm going to buy a Miata in the spring, probably a 99 or 2000. But I need to buy new luggage now. I wonder if someone can suggest luggage dimensions that will work for me.

Thanks, LazyEights

Reply to
LazyEights

The JazBag ones are made to fit and do very well. The design, materials, and construction are all first class. Be careful with special orders,however. see -

harry.neal

We just use several small duffels...a carry over from our Goldwing days. Works nice.

Reply to
Margie and Richard

I find it interesting to see so many motorcycle enthusiasts who have made the Miata leap...

I too am in the midst of doing this - my wife never really took to motorcycling and I finally gave up after 8 years...

I had a '90 Blue Miata for several years, sold it, went to motorcycling. Just picked up a new '04 Sports model. It's a weekend, vacation thing only. I drive a Ford Escape otherwise.

I am please that she now will be with me on my treks... so is she.

I find that driving a Miata is as close as one can get on 4 wheels to riding a motorcycle.

Denis sand Diane in Toronto.

Reply to
RideRT

We spent many years and miles touring on a Goldwing. It was the 3 accidents in 18 months that made us think hard about some other way to experience the open road. With each accident, we bought more protective clothing and more expensive helmets, etc. The good gear saved our hides and we are glad it did so, but the motorcycling experience was getting to be less fun the more we had to protect ourselves from others.

The first accident was a young girl pulling out in front of us. Then, a young man pulled out in front of us. So, we bought a bright yellow Goldwing. A color-blind deer ran out in front of us. That did it!!!!!

We were in 48 states with the bike. Now we are hoping to duplicate that with the Miata over time. There is nothing like the open road with the top down. And now our wardrobe has more variety too! We don't have to carry rain gear. Just pull over and raise the top. Enjoying the Miata experience.

Gary & Stephanie in Michigan

03 Silver

Reply to
Gary Hirsch