M1 oil pan compatibility question

Can anyone tell me if the oil pan for the U.S. 1990-1993 miata 1.6 liter engine is interchangeable with the 1994-1997 1.8 liter engine?

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

pws wrote in news:pQtXd.52841$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.texas.rr.com:

Don't know. Can you go to a dealer or parts store and ask to see a gasket for each? That should tell you.

says the oil drain plugs are different sizes.

Reply to
XS11E

Actually, that compatibility guide is between the M1 and the M2 miata, not the differeces between the 1990-1993 and 1994-1997 M1. It looks like I have found an oil pan for the 1.6 liter. I was just checking to see if the 1.8 liter pan fits the 1.6 liter engine in case I found one from the later motor.

Thanks,

Pat

Reply to
pws