M1 seat belt question

Does anyone know when the seat belts on the M1 miata were changed from bolting to the tunnel versus attaching to the seat? This is for cloth seats if that matters.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

That is funny. I could swear the passenger seat belt on Bozo, my 96, was bolted to the tunnel at that side. Seems strange Mazda would make such a change in the lame-duck year. Are passenger seat and driver seat the same in this respect?

(My seats were cloth, now inch-thick sheepskin :) )

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Now Leon, !!!!!!

What did you do with that "sheep" that you got that skin from ???? :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Well, you could have gone and looked for me. :-)

Now I had to research it. It looks like the switch was made in 1994. Here is a receiving end for a 1994 - 1997 seatbelt.

Here is a pair of receiving ends for a 1990 - 1993 seatbelt.

I was going on foggy memory, but I was pretty certain that the seat belts were attached at the seats rather than the transmission tunnel on the '96M.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Err, try this one instead for anyone who cares.

Pat

Reply to
pws

My bad. Got confused with the bolt holding the seat itself.

I am a theoretician, not an experimentalist.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Hmph. If that were really true, you would've assigned the problem to a grad student, then forgotten about it.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers