Madza - lost of power when fuel tank below half

Hello,

I notice last summer something strange about my car. I own a Mazda 626 Cronos 1994 4 cyl. auto.

When the gaz tank is half full or less and that I take a rapid turn ( like a highway ramp at important speed ( above 60 km/h ) my RPM just fall down and it seems like there is no more fuel going to the engine. The engine didn't stall but it came close each time it happen. When this is happing, the car loose speed and it seem the centrifugal force, being less important, the fuel return back to the engine and the power came back again. If the fuel tank is full or above the half level, it never did that. I replace the fuel filter, thinking it could be the problem, but the problem still happen ( seem to happen less often though ) Can it be the fuel pump ou something loosen in the fuel tank ? What are you thinking of that ? Thanks for your help and opinion. Chrysof that ? Thanks for your help and opinion. Chrys

Reply to
chryseloy

Is there any difference between a tight right and left turn?

Possible sources of problem Fuel pump Fuel tank baffle (Loose,etc.) Pressure relief valve in fuel tank stuck open Loose electrical connection to fuel pump. Crud in bottom of tank.

Reply to
Chuck

Chuck's got this one nailed. Basically keep giving particulars and we should be able to cross off possibilities from Chuck's list. Helluva problem to have, never heard of that one before!

Best of luck...

Also, is there any difference between doing it on an offramp or an onramp (uphill vs downhill, accellerating vs.braking?)

Anyone know the design of Mazda's fuel tanks to help out a little more knowledgeably?

-r0ll (Hey, first post, also a miata.net junkie.)

Reply to
r0lliSl1fe