Manual Transmission Fluid

I just got a '93. Grainger said API Service GL-4 or GL-5 SAE 75W-80. I went to a couple parts stores and nobody had any, although 75W-90 was available. Should I keep looking, or go with that? I live in Texas, so it gets a workout in the heat. Thanks!

Nick

Reply to
Nick H
75W90 is a little stiff in cold temps.On the other hand, a 93 likely has enough wear that you may not notice any real difference. You might also order whatever your choice is via the merchants section of miata.net
Reply to
chuckk

Get Redline synthetic, either MTL-90 or 75w-90NS.

Natman

I second this. My tranny has smoothed out a fair bit once I switched over to Redline.

Cheers - Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers