Manual Window Regulator

Hi,

My 93 miata manual window (driver side) is stuck. The dealer said the window regulator needs replacedment and it costs $172. Do I have a cheaper option? Thanks Happy Holidays to all.

Reply to
Eng Soon

YES you do ! First remove the inside door pnl. and check to see if the window "lower frame" is being held by the cable that goes to the window crank. The drive cables have a habit of getting loose and falling over to the window side of the door. They get hung up on a "tang" that sticks out (pointing to the inside of the car). I used a plastic tiewrap to hold them back to the door, where they should be. This might be your problem.

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

And watch out for the sticky stuff.

Reply to
Frank Berger

If I remember correctly, there's a good tutorial on door-panel sticky stuff here:

Leon, I believe, is an expert at sticky stuff.

Steve McMahon Green JRSC '00LS

Reply to
McMahon

Not that I remember. I may have posted about it in this group, though. But that probably did not get archived in google because of the 4eign language used.

Let's call that "highly viscous flow," OK? :)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Leon, I'm gonna admit something. Your post on door panel 'sticky stuff' was the funniest thing I've read on this NG. I've looked and looked for it and, perhaps you're right, the 4eign language snuffed it. If you have a copy of it, would you please post?

Thanx,

-- SM

Reply to
McMahon

I have posted a few I think. None that seem particularly funny to me. Is this the one?

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Yep. That's it, Leon. Am saving. LOL

Thanks!