MAZDA 6 with 2.3 inline 4

Does anyone here own a Mazda 6 with the 2.3 four cylinder (manual transmission)? If so, can you share with me your thoughts and observations regarding the performance of the motor: does it have a strong feel in acceleration, is highway passing stress free or is it a hair raising event, and etc. Does anyone have issues with the manual transmission in the four cylinder such as abrupt take off, rough shifting, loose feel to the transmission? How does it measure on fuel economy? According to the figures posted on the Mazda Canada website, the highway mileage of the 6 with a four cylinder should stretch to nearly 1000 km, when equipped with the manual transmission, if not a touch more (makes the VW Tdi seem redundant). I've taken the time to research the vehicle, and speak with people at Mazda (the Autoshow was great for that), all the options I want on the vehicle - Bose audio, sunroof, 17 inch wheels, leather seating, MP3 player, and the entire bevy of airbags and safety technologies are available on the Mazda 6 GT- i4. Can anyone offer their opinion on the pro's and con's of purchasing the

6 with a four cylinder versus a six cylinder? I'm considering practicality, reliability, and good economy. The second or two I'd lose in acceleration from 0 - 100 (kilometers per hour) is not something I concern myself with. Regardless of engine configuration, the nimble, sharp handling of the chassis will remain, which is what I would look forward to most (no autobahns here). After all, it is more fun to drive a slow car fast then it is to drive a fast car slow. I'd also like to have some feedback on any reliability issues that owners of Mazda vehicles equipped with the new 2.3 litre four cylinders may have.

Thanks all, I appreciate your help very much!

Reply to
Ez