Mazda Alarm System - update

Guys, I really do need help with this. I have a 1992 929. It has a factory alarm in it. I'm guessing the switches attached to the backs of the locks are getting old or worn. I say this because half of the time when I open the driver side door with the key after the alarm has had time to passively arm, the alarm will go off. This happens every time I open the passenger side door. I tried having new keys made as a few people emailed me saying that part of the key was responsible for turning the module on the back of the lock. Thankfully Wal-Mart makes keys for cheap. And heck, extra keys are NOT a bad thing to have around. Too bad it didn't work. :-( I just want to permanently disable/remove the factory alarm and put in a good aftermarket one. I can do the install of the aftermarket one myself, I just don't know where the "brain" for the existing on resides. And of course my local Mazda dealers continue to be of absolutely NO help.

So I'm pleading, I know it's not my Miata but I do own one. :-)

Thanks, Karl North

92 Black and Tan 92 929
Reply to
Karl M. North