Mazdaspeed eunos

Hi hope some one can help with this question. In the U.K. I have just bought a imported damaged Mazda eunos roadster for repair (bumper, slam panel, wing, bonnet and h/light all crumpled) The car is badged as a Mazdaspeed and on the drivers door there is a badge with "tuned by Mazdaspeed factory and a serial number". I have tried a few searches on google but not come up with any answers on the full spec, it may be difficult to trace the previous keeper as the car was bought from a salvage yard. I will need to know roughly what differs from a standard MX5/Eunos for when I insure it, is it the same as a "V" spec. Any ideas?

Regards

Dean

Reply to
Deano

How come the American version doesn't come with a "slam panel", "wing" or "bonnet"? Love those British terms. As for the Mazdaspeed nametag, it has been applied to a factory turbo Miata here in the states but has only been on sale for a year so unless it's almost new, doubt that it is the same. Mazda may have done some additional tuning on foreign distribution where emissions certification was not an issue. Mazdaspeed does everything from minor handling mods up to twin turbo engines so it could be anywhere in between. Hopefully, someone here will know more than me, meanwhile I'm going to go and try and find out if I actually have a slam panel.

Tom

92 Red

Deano wrote:

Reply to