Mazdaspeed turbo on ebay

Hum. They are selling a *Miata*speed Miata. I am also pointing your attention to the statement:

"We reserve the right to cancel all existing bids and end the auction early should the item no longer be available for sale."

With an intelligent wife like that, I do assume that you mistyped the smiley's parenthesis by one position.

Leon :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

I haven't looked at this particular auction, but read it very carefully - is it perhaps actually offering "sell" the opportunity to buy the car at dealer cost? In other words, the item for auction may not be the car, it may be the service of selling you the car - and you still have to pay for the car separately.

I've seen similar things on eBay before. Read carefully.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Anyone else see the dealer selling an as yet unreceived Mazdaspeed turbo on ebay? The listing says they will sell it at dealer cost ($24,067 I think) plus a few other charges. Problem is, this is their first listing on ebay and they forgot to set a reserve so last nights bid of around $3670 would stand if it was still top dog at auction end. My wife wasn't nearly as excited by the prospect as I was :( so it doesn't look like I'll be flying out to Utah to take delivery of it but maybe someone on this NG can.

Tom

92 Red
Reply to
Tom Howlin

Your wife is certainly more intelligent than you--like mine is. ALWAYS READ THE AUCTION DESCRIPTION!!! The bid is for what amount you will pay over dealer invoice, not the total amount you will pay.

And the seller appears to be a Mazda dealer.

-- Marcio Watanabe

Reply to
Marcio Watanabe

The above was supposed to be tongue in cheek. Forgot the ;P No offense intended.

-- Marcio Watanabe

Reply to
Marcio Watanabe

You are absolutely right. Very tricky. :)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

As have I, and you're absolutely correct on this auction. Bidding is currently at $7100, so I think more than one person has been confused by the auction; I certainly don't think the car is rare enough to warrant 7 Gs over invoice when I could go down to my local dealer and they'd give me one for MSRP.

I also can't believe eBay hasn't done away with auctions like this, or at least moved them out of eBay Motors, since what this seller is selling is not even an automobile.

Reply to
tooloud

Thank God my wife is smarter than me and didn't let my "shakes" take over. Having had a 95 w/JRSC, sure would love that little extra push from the turbo, combined with an extended five year warranty (wonder what that puppy cost!). I do agree that ebay shouldn't allow this type of auction, at least in ebay motors. Doubtful the "winning" bidder will ever close on this one!

Tom

92 Red
Reply to
Tom Howlin