Mount NB seats in a NA?

Hi,

Is it possible to mount NB seats in a NA?

Miata.net says yes, based on what one member said. Can someone confirm this?

Steven

- - -

Reply to
Steven Spits

According to this

they will fit.

In our local club, we have a couple of folks who have put NB seats into their NAs without difficulty.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

NA's for the most part have better seats IMHO but you can probably make them work. I was trying desperately to switch my NA seats into my NB before I sold the old 92 but after working through all the little issues (seat belt brackets and such) I had to nix the idea as the NA's were taller and interfered with maximum seat-back travel due to the roll bar! I guess some of the NB seats are pretty good, which year are you going to?

I guess my point is don't assume newer is better, there are large differences within NB seats as far as supportiveness and shape.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

"Steven Spits" wrote in news:44fc2e40$0$1287$ snipped-for-privacy@reader0.news.be.easynet.net:

heh, I was actually wonderring recently if NA seats would fit in an NC.. I love the seats in my 94 and w/ the limited time I've spent in my brother's

99 (10ae) and my friend's 06, I'd rate the NC above the NB, but the NA above all.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

Very little experience in a 2006+ model, but I agree on the NA seats being better, at least for me, than any NB seats I have sat in and a lot of others think so too.

I think that one reason for the change is the fact the the U.S. population, which is a huge miata market, is getting so damn fat that too many people were having trouble fitting into those form-fitting seats that Mazda introduced with the first miata, especially the cloth version.

Pat

Reply to
pws

There's no doubt that the bolsters have widened / softened on at least some NB's (incl'g mine) although I believe there are several versions.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Each seat is different as people are different. The seats in my 99 NB seem to be as good or better than the seats in any other car I've driven. Understand that I have two ruptured disks (old injury). The seatbacks support my back exactly where it's needed.

Reply to
Chuck

Very true. It also depends what you are looking for. The first cloth miata seats are the most secure seats that I have ever sat in that were also very comfortable with the exception of a Recarro that I rode passenger in one time.

This includes every newer generation miata with stock seats that I have sat in. Not that they have been bad, but certainly not as good for me.

That is great that the 1999 seat fits you well.

I still think that the reason for widening the bolsters, as Chris put it, is due to the general widening of people's figures. I doubt if any of the NB's or NC's have seats as narrow as the originals. Of course, that G-lock seatbelt lockdown device helps take care of it if lack of side support is a problem for you.

Pat

Reply to
pws