Multiple Random Misfires

Hey all. I posted before about getting the P300 CEL code on my '97 Miata. Three weeks ago I installed NGK plugs and NGK Blue plugwires but I got the code again after some high-rpm driving last night. The only thing I can think is the wires are too close together and perhaps the current is jumping wires?? It's very hard to keep the wires away from each other. Would it be advisable that I post a picture of my wires for some input?? I should say though that the car is running good, only problem I've experienced is some hesitation when the engine is cold. So what else could this problem be?? I read coils but other than that I'm clueless. Thanks.

Reply to
John

John,

I had the same problem - seems the replacement wires were a bit longer than the originals, and the slack in the wires made them "loop" near each other.

Solved the problem with plug wire spacers and RTV sealant.

Haven't had a single misfire code since.

Mike "Red '97" Verive snipped-for-privacy@mverive.com

Reply to
Michael Verive