MX-5 special edition

I bought a 2000 MX-5 last year. The dealer told me it was a special edition - but I cannot find any mention of an SE being around at that time which matches my specs (I do, however have SE stickers in the handbook binder which have never been applied to the car - dealer's trick?). My car is 1.8i 5-speed, part leather seats, metallic gearknob and upgraded (Sony) stereo, alloys and remote alarm. No ABS, windshield or power-aerial.

I'm not sure how it was sold and what the first owner may have changed.

Anyone recognise these specs? THANKS

Jon

Reply to
Jon Pumfleet

That is very strange.

you in the US? You seem to post from google.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

The SE for 2000 was Mahogany Mica in color, which had a 6 speed transmission and a special wood steering wheel. What color was yours and is yours a US model?

Reply to
Mike

Nope, it's a UK model. It's twilight blue, I'm pretty sure it's a standard model but the dealer just tried to sell it as an SE. Another dealer just told me that the stickers I have match a 1991 SE, which was only available in racing green.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Jon Pumfleet