MY BAD GEICO INSURANCE EXPERIENCE !

I was looking for a cheaper rate on my insurance of 3 cars when I decided to give geico a call , I couldn't believe it, I would save over $ 225.00 every 6 months with them if I left my agent I had for 10 years with Allstate Insurance.

Well I decided maybe change was good, boy was that ever a mistake, it all started with a letter saying I need to get my windshields inspected, never did this with any other agent or insurance company, so I called them and basically told them if they want to see the windows, they can send someone out cause no way was I going to drive all three vehicles to the inspection station that was 37 miles away. After a conversation with their supervisor they said to ignore it.

Ok

Then I get a letter several weeks later saying they need information on a person who at the time I was to marry. boy this was even a bigger mistake. I told them that the person NEVER LIVED IN my house and only drove one of the vehicles once in a month to the local store if that, and in fact we were no longer together so I couldn't supply this info and I DON'T WANT them on the policy.. Well they came back and said, we have to have this information or your rate will go up or we may even cancel you, I told them they were crazy, this person should not be on my policy and I don't want them on it. they said you have to have all people in your household on the policy, after telling tem again THEY DON'T LIVE HERE AND NEVER HAVE, I decided I was getting NO where with GEICO and it was a big mistake leaving my old agent. DON'T GET ROPED IN BY LOW RATES THAT ARE TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. GEICO customer service was terrible and I wonder what actually making a claim would be like if I had these problems..

GEICO INSURANCE IS TERRIBLE AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS NOT HERE .. I AM TOTALLY DISSATISFIED. I WOULD NEVER EVER TELL MY FREINDS TO GET GEICO NEVER......maybe my enemies yes.

Reply to
Nospam

I think you already have a pretty good idea--they don't pay, and then they cancel you. Paying premums to GEICO is a lot like flushing $100 bills down the toilet.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Yup, Geico sucks bad. I went with Progressive, and I've been happy with them, and they're almost as cheap. My GF has had three claims with them in the last couple of years, and they all went very smoothly, even when one was a hit-and-run.

I highly recommend Progressive if you're looking for a 'discount' insurance company.

Regards, H.

Reply to
HardwareLust

Wonderfully funny ads on the box though!

Boz

Reply to
Bob Boswell

true, isn't that the miniature Triumph T3 or something, that the little critter drives?

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Since someone brought up the subject of insurance, I'd like to pass on a bit of information that I have firsthand knowledge of, not that I have had an accident or am being sued, but because I am a court employee and have seen thousands of jury cases where Allstate and the insured are the defendants.

In NY, Allstate has a policy of not settling lawsuits. Now at first glance this looks like a good idea, end frivioulous lawsuits for ridiculous sums. However, there is a downside, any amount over the policy's coverage the co-defendants (ie: the insured) is liable for! This means that 100/300K coverage is insufficient since muti million dollar jury awards for minor injuries is the norm and you are liable for the balance! Garnished wages, leins on properties, etc..

The point is, dont worry about being dropped from an insurer if you should have a claim, make sure your carrier negotiates in good faith. Allstate apparently does not, at least here in NY.

My 2 cents, Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

I wonder what their reasoning behind this tactic is? If they settle, they might not have to pay out up to the limit of the policy. If they go to court and lose and the award is above the limit, they have to pay out to the limit. So they are losing out on attorney costs as well as the award amount.

----------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

What you are stating is not strictly true. If Allstate acts in bad faith, they are liable for the full amount of the judgement in every state in the union. They must represent the policyholder to the best of their ability and must not allow frivolous lawsuits to harm the policyholder. All insurance companies are bound by this. Doesn't mean they don't fight claims, as long as they are acting in good faith and not to the detriment of the policyholder. I suspect they've adopted the policy because of the ambulance chasers who will pick the pocket of the insurance companies for sums under the policy limitations. If they know they are in for a court battle, many attorneys will not take the case since they are almost all contingency based, thus cutting down on claims against Allstate. They are not alone in adopting this policy. Many personal injury attorneys seldom set foot into a courtroom and are ineffectual when they do and so rely upon the insurance companies settling out of court and avoiding the costs of litigation.

Tom

92 Red

Glenn wrote:

Reply to
Tom Howlin

Hmm, not sure I've seen that one. My favourite involves a crash and two critters "high fiving"

We don't have Geico in the UK, so I only see their ads when I'm over on business. Most recent was last week. Calgary, Miami and Danville, Arrghhhh..

Boz

Reply to
Bob Boswell

Looks to me like a minature Jag XK 120 or 140. The "critter" is a gecko (joke on mispronouncing "Geico")

Reply to
jchase