My Miata bogs down in first

Can anyone help? My Miata bogs down when I release the clutch into first, it struggles for a bit, then gives me the acceleration I'm used to. Every other gear transition is fine. NOTE: this situations only happens when I'm driving my car "gently", i.e a standard traffic start/stop. Thanks.

Reply to
Bob1123

Chuck

That's the first symptom that the plug wires need to be replaced.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

You might also do the timing 'bump' from 10 BTDC to 14 BTDC. It really does make a noticeable difference on the 1.6 liter. Of course, the maintenance items mentioned are suspect also, definitely do those.

Good luck, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo