name those tail lights (nmc)

A friend gave me a pair of tail lights that I am trying to identify. If someone can tell me what vehicle they fit from the pictures that I have taken, I would appreciate it very much.

I can't find any manufacturer name on the lights. Is there a standard way to identify auto parts like these?

Thanks!

Pat '96M

Reply to
pws

Pat- They really look like Ford Probe or possibly MX-6 not certain of the year.

-- Jerry Randolph '90B Red Houston, TX

Reply to
Jerry

If there is no brand on it, i say Peugeot 406. Typical is the thin line in body color in the middle of the light.

"pws" schreef in bericht news:u3sHb.17058$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.texas.rr.com...

Reply to
dingo

Looks like they are from a late model Saturn.

Thanks again,

Pat '96M

Reply to
pws

Pretty horrible looking, but at least Joe did not have to haggle to get the thing. Tell your friend to get a white Miata and put clear tail lights on.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

I don't know Joe, but I agree, the looks of the Saturn models has never appealed to me. With so many ugly cars and trucks on the road today (imho), it fits right in. Do you have a picture of the back of your car? I do not usually like clear lenses, but I have never seen them on a white M1.

Pat '96M

Reply to
pws

Per K. Nielsen

That looks pretty nifty. I would still leave mine stock, but the clear lenses look better with white than the other colors that I have seen, imho.

Pat '96M

Reply to
pws

I can agree with the latter. I would not want them on a nonwhite car.

Note that they look better life than in the picture. White is hard too photograph already, and additional reflecting surfaces don't help.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Are you going ricer, Leon? I think the award-winning (yes, award winning) style of the stock M1 taillights are great. To each his own, though.

Reply to
tooloud

Somewhat better pictures are at

and tmp2.jpg A UFO showed up just when I took the second.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Stock lights are big blobs of red, though they should not be ricey on red Miatas. On white Miatas, clear lights are a lot more refined, however.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen