Need help installing Alpine deck in 90 Miata!

Hello there,

I have a 1990 Miata and just replace the stock deck with an Alpine. The install kit I used has the deck stick out the full thickness of the Alpine trim piece. I would like to flush mount this deck like the stock deck and would like to find out how other people have done it. I don't like it sticking out and am quite keen on getting it flush mounted.

Peter

Reply to
KingSingh

I had a similar problem in my 1991. For some reason the earlier models seem to have a non-standard size opening for the stereo. You can get around it easily (but maybe not too cheaply) by getting a replacement centre console surround from a 1994 model.

Reply to
Andre Queree (Mr Q)

IIRC, you can get the center consoles for about $60 from places like trussvillemazda.com.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen