Need to identify this Miata part quickly

Hello All, It's Karl... I'm considering buying another Miata to replace my beloved Maggie Mae. The Black '93 I'm considering has some odd vents in the front fenders. Here's a link to a picture:

The owner says they are Simpson Design custom fender louvers. I'm not familiar. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also the car has 17" ADR rims and Bridgestone Potenza 40 series low profile tires on it. Does anyone happen to know the weight of these rims compared to the factory alloys for that year?

Thanks And I look forward to being back in the wonderful 'Miata Family'!

-Karl North!

Reply to
K. North

Well, I think they're fulgy. (Hey, you asked.) I'm categorically opposed to chrome on anything that wasn't made in Detroit before 1965. I also hate gratuitous "details" on cars (can you say "RX-8"?).

I think those are ugly too. They're way too busy with those fake bolt-heads (I assume they're not really 2-piece wheels) and extra lug-nut holes. It looks like they're the "Battle EXE" design from the "Tuner Collection". 'Nuf said?

The ADR web page doesn't even spec a weight, so you know they weigh a ton...

Reply to
Grant Edwards

The vents look about as tastfull as those things can get, I'd love to see a picture from back farther. Obviously they intend to pay homage to the old BMW 507 which, by the way, has been getting allot of press these days for whatever reason. It's also considered one of the best looking roadsters of all time.

I don't even think the wheels look that bad but fake multi pc wheels kinda turn me off too. And ya, they're probably heavy.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

That and the SS 100 Jaguar and early Morgans but good looking as they are, only the Miata is CUTE!

Reply to
XS11E

I've defintely seen worse. Vents seem to be the "in thing" now. Some of the new Land Rovers appear have had screen doors inserted into their front fenders.

If they were all black (or all silver), they'd be better.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Looks like a black version of the battle

Miata wheel weights are on miata.net in the garage.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

"XS11E"