New radiator, good experience w vendor, nice radiator

Just replaced the radiator on my '94 5 spd with a/c. The new one is a single row plastic and aluminum auto trans spec. While it's only one row, that row is at least twice as large as on the old radiator, about 3/4 in. or more. I'm really impressed by the quality and fit of this radiator, it's a Koyo A1140. I got it from

for $128.00, they call it a

1140KO. You have to specifiy the KO, the first one they sent me was an all metal unit. They were very nice about letting me take it back to their local distributor and exchanging it. I definitely would order over the phone, not online, so you can specify exactly what you want.

Hope this helps someone,

John ('94 Miata)

Reply to
mngineer

What was wrong with an all metal one?

Reply to
chuckk

The plastic radiator is significantly lighter, it is a better fit in this case and from my personal experience I expect it to be less trouble prone. The majority of my experience when I worked on cars for a living was with old American iron and hot rods These all had all metal radiators It seems to me that those were much more prone to stress cracks and small weeping leaks than modern plastic tank radiators are. Also, the one plastic radiator I've had fail on me was a core problem and I was able to just replace the core and re-use the original tanks. I'm also swayed by the fact that every manufacturer that I know of now uses aluminum and plastic radiators

John ('94 Miata) jsgmcclary at cox dot net

Reply to
mngineer