Newbie

Hey there just found this NG. I purchased a 90 SC last night pacifically for weekend cruisin and autox I had previously been an avid autocrosser running a 91 MR2 turbo but alas cross country movin made me part with my baby(sniff) I drove several Miatas prior to purchasing the SC and I must say the damn thing runs like a scalded dog on rails. Once boosted there is no turning back :) Anyhows any advice or input on tuning maint etc greatly appreciated especially from other boostes :-) See you in the twisties........ Mark L. Stilley

Reply to
Mark Stilley

what is a SC ? , what's Pacifically (opposite of Antlanticly ?)

What relationship does a SC have to a mazda MX 5 ( Miata) ?

Reply to
Col:

welcome to the group. go to

click on Forums, then click on Power Mods. plenty of folks there who have gone to the darkside of forced induction. also, a certain professor of engineering with a SC'ed Miata frequents this group and has good insights on such issues. dave

Reply to
Dave Hansen

Little maintenance is needed. Keep an eye on the belt tension, maybe a bit of grease on the bypass actuator.

The air filter of the SC is not very effective though.

Read more at

and links. Also miata.net, especially the crankshaft problem in the garage section.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Supercharged, probably.

Zactly.

Unfortunately there aren't any supercharges that have a relationship with mine. Your milage may vary.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Synthetic oil, frequent oil changes, make sure it has a timing retard/knock sensor system, check that the timing is set at 8 degrees, watch for belt dust on the pulleys (indicative of a misaligned belt), change the SC belt every 20K miles for safety, learn how to disable the SC with a zip tie in case you are ever faced with poor quality gas or regular only and, perhpas most importantly, buy a good radar detector! Enjoy, it really makes the car what it should be.

Tom

92 Red
Reply to
Tom Howlin

THe thought of a SC in a MX 5 brings goose bumps to the back of my neck ..

Reply to
Col: