newbie

Ok. I'm new to Miatas (well, got it in January) I'm new to the group.

Question:

Does anyone else downshift in tunnels and drive in parking garages in first gear near the redline every now and then just to hear the exhaust note? or is it just me?

I always thought I was quite sensible until now.

Oh, and why do people in NA's wave back but others in NB wear a frown with a I'm cool, Jimmy dean type look that does not befit them and not wave back? Was ther a modification to all NB's escept mine that places an erectile object on the driver seat that penetrates the anal pore, giving one the something up the rectum look? or again, is it just me. I don't think I smell bad? anyway, if anyone is in the Philadelphia area and sees a classic red with a happy mid twenties asian guy, please wave to me. I'm developing quite the complex.

Oh, and just came back from a great drive through the merrit parkway in a great mountain drive in CT if anyone is interested in the details. That was a GREAT drive.

Reply to
Classy

[...]

Classicred03

Whaddaya mean? Jimmy Dean is grinning like fool everytime I see a picture of him. Unless you're not talking about the ex-country-singer who sells sausage....

;)

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Poor NB owners are bemoaning the fact they don't have an NA! Actually, a lot of them haven't been in the Miata culture from way back when the whole wave started and so aren't aware of miataetiquette. I also notice the same thing but wave anyway.

Tom

92 Red

Classy wrote:

Reply to
Tom Howlin

don't take it personally, people can be strange. Believe it or not some people drive these little cars ONLY because they are 'cute' and get 'good gas mileage'. They actually have no idea what an awesome platform they posess or what a cult classic it really is.

Also, some of us older guys can't see as good as you young studs and might not recognize the friendly wave. I must admit I have noticed this tendancy you mention though.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo