Noisy tires

I have a 1996 that I would like to replace the tires on. The tires I have on are still in good shape, but are very noisy, especially with the hardtop on. Can anyone out there suggest a brand that I can buy that can let me hear the radio while driving. I don't do any racing or heavy duty driving. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Bob W

The quietest tires I've had were some Dunlop's that, unfortunately, are no longer available. I currently have Toyo T1s. For a performance tire, they have been very good, but after 8-10 K miles, they became noisy. On concrete or blacktop, at 70 MPH they are louder than the dual outlet muffler I installed!

Randy

The tires I have on

with the hardtop on.

can let me hear the

driving. Thanks

Reply to
BCRandy

The quietest tires I've found have been Avons, the Tech M550 A/S. I don't have them on the Miata, but do have them on the wife's BMW with sport package, and they're terrific. Both very, very quiet, and excellent in the wet.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

We have Bridgestone Turanza's on a 2002 Miata and you can hear the radio fine. They cost about AUS $250, which seems a lot for a tyre, but so far I'm very pleased with their handling (dry and wet). Not sure about their longevity or whether you can buy these where you are. My initial reaction to replacing them was it was too much money (they have a few months left in them so I am planning ahead). I am now thinking the money is well spent after I tried to get the ABS going at about

75kmh on a wet road and could not get them to lock.
Reply to
Red Zircon

Reply to
Christopher Muto