obd readers and repair manuals for '01 miata

After my recent repair job, a fuel pump, I have been looking for the tools to do more of my own repairs on all my cars. I have done so for years but as the engines have grown more complex I have not had the tools to do as much as I would like.

I have found online cd based repair manuals up to '00 and then '02 and up. 2001s seem to have been skipped.

Would an older manual work best or go with the 2002 manual.

Does the obd II diagnostic reader need CAN support for the 2001or is that for 2004 and up?

Wes (m93honda-yahoo-com)

Reply to
Head Hoser