Oil fliter

Just got a new 03. Need to change the oil but am out of town and don't know a dealer selling the miata oil filter.

Fram makes a ph6607 that may fit and Mobil 1 makes the M1-108 that may fit (according to their web sites). Looking at the filter, it seems as if the filters sold by Fram and Mobil 1 may be a bit different in size. Has anybody used aftermarket filters on their miats with any luck? And if so any idea if there are companies and sizes that may fit? Any help would be great.

Also, found a great way to remove the filter without a relocation kit.

Went to Autozone and bought a plier/wrench type tool that lets you sneek into the oil filter from behing the engine without skinning my knukles and without spending the 100 for a relocation kit. Was able to take the filter off in about 1 minute using their tool. Now, I just have to find a filter. Again, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
won

I've had good luck with WIX filters.

I do not currently own a Mazda.

Reply to
mcyben

I'm enjoying my 03 too!!! I would advise the Purolator PureOne filter # PL14612 it is on my car even as we speak and is a better filter than the others from what I've been reading tom

Reply to
tom jonker

Start at:

and go to the online parts store. Buy a couple of years worth and the shipping won't be such a big deal. If you sell the car before then, toss in the filters. Don't forget to get the air filter(s) and a fuel filter. The prices are quite good...

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers