OT but Important

The Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club is sponsoring its Second Annual Drive To Survive to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation on Sunday, October

1, 2006. Last year we raised over $8,000.00 through pledges, donations and a silent auction.

This year we're raffling off a DA Polisher NXT Speed Kit including polisher, backing plate, pads, bonnets, clay bar, speed glaze, wax, detailer, microfiber towels and a bag to carry everything. You can even buy tickets through PayPal at snipped-for-privacy@thedrivetosurvive.org - only $5 per ticket and the tickets will be mailed to you. The drawing will be held on October 1 and you need not be present to win.

For more information, or if you're inclined to donate or even if you'd like to join us, more information is available at

Since we've already covered all of our costs, all monies raised will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Our website is at

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata who will be sporting pink stripes for the Drive To Survive!

Reply to
Iva

"Iva" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

I don't think posting Miata events is off topic, is it?

Anyway, you're right, it IS important and I hope you have a good turnout.

Reply to
XS11E

It's completely on-topic, and even important like you said, especially compared to the silly shit we normally talk about on here.

I am buying a raffle ticket, I can spare enough miata spending units for at least one or two. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Thank you, Pat! I'd say that I hope you win the raffle but I want to! I was able to sell a whole bunch of tickets when the DelVal Miata Club sponsored their driving school at Pocono Raceway this summer - talk about a captive audience!

Breast cancer research is a Very Important Job and we're doing our part to assist in finding a cure or a vaccine. It's also important to realize that this is a disease that doesn't affect only women - men can suffer from breast cancer as well.

Our Drive To Survive was organized by three of our female members, one of whom is on her FOURTH go-round with this disease. We chose to donate to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation because it actually uses $0.85 of every $1.00 donated for research and not for advertising or executive salaries, unlike many other groups.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Curses on your chance of winning! I want the prize! ;-)

Yes, many people are not aware of this fact. As far as I know, the only cancers that only affect one group or the other are the ones in the reproductive system, just because we have different parts. I am, however, far from an expert on this, on both the cancer facts and the reproductive parts....

I worked at The American Heart Association many years ago and overheard upper management complaining that not enough donations were coming in and that they needed some really rich people to die of a heart attack to get those big checks rolling in. I am not putting down the entire organization, this was just a few people at one branch in one city, but it was still discomforting to hear.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Sorry. I am planning on winning myself. If, as you noted, you have two white Miatas, including a 2006, you want to rub it in.

Leon :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Best of luck Leon. I hope someone here wins and that the raffle brings in some good money.

Pat

Reply to
pws

You're going to win yourself? Wouldn't you rather win the polishing kit?

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Believe me, nobody, not even Leon, wants to win himself.

Come on, even a used polishing kit would be a better prize than a Leon. Now, on the other hand, if he is offering his two miatas as a prize.... ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws