OT: In Da Car Stereo

What y'all listening to these days? It's summertime and the livin' is easy. I got:

  • Louis Armstrong: "Satch Plays Fats"
  • Peter Tosh: "Greatest Hits"
  • James Brown: "20 All Time Hits"
  • Kathryn Stott: ""Chopin Preludes"
  • Duke Ellington: "The far East Suite"
Reply to
Da Parrot-chick

Aren't we missing some Buffett here?

I've got Norah Jones, Bruce Springsteen and some ancient Van Morrison in the car as we speak.

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen

Benny Goodman: compilation Lee Roy Parnell: "Oughta Be a Law" Delbert McClinton: "Live from Austin" Bob Dylan: "Bob Dylan" (first album) Dire Straits: "Sultans of Swing"

Reply to
Cliff Knight

FM Duals, and the seductive whisper of T-1Ses near the limit. Occasionally, my wife urging me to drive even faster. Life is good.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Da Parrot-chick wrote: > What y'all listening to these days? It's summertime and the livin' is easy.

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run - a real summer album Jimmy Buffett - Feeding Frenzy - to remind me of the Camden show Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus - another good summer album A Passion Play - Jethro Tull - just because

Hey, did you find a Miata yet? You obviously enjoyed your first "test drive".

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

At this instant:

- Doobie Brothers Live (ca. 1996)

- Metallica St. Anger (newly added)

- Metallica vault live material (newly added)

- Wayne Peet and John Fumo Duo, Bolted Down Collar

- Pink Mizunderstood

- Odds and ends, some old Sweet singles and Steve Miller

Reply to
Dana Myers K6JQ

Ahhh... Nora Jones. I need to borrow the CD from my wife's car for a while.

Reply to
Dana Myers K6JQ

When you come over here and borrow my car, you will have to live with 4 Gb of mostly 60s and 70s rock and roll in high-bit-rate MP3 format. :) Feel free to bring your own, of course. There is still about 16 Gb free.

I do have some classical and just a few jazz on there too. In fact, I used to hate the stuff since the dynamic range is much too large for the Miatas sound level, but the Creative Labs Zen has a really good compressor, and now I am fine with them.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

One CD Johnny Cash: "Greatest Hits"

Dave

Reply to
Dave Ingersoll

OOOOLLLLDDDD stuff. With the occasional superlative new one thrown in. On custom-burned CDs from my extensive Old Fart LP Collection.

Kingston Trio Brothers Four Limelighters Johnny Cash Chad Mitchell Trio Kendalls Buddy Holly Peter Paul & Mary Lovin' Spoonful Creedance Clearwater Revival Ventures Stompin' Tom Connor Gordon Lightfoot Mary Chaplin Carpenter Jerry Lee Lewis Eric Clapton Rick Nelson Dr. Hood & Medicine Show Stan Rogers Arlo Guthrie Tennessee Ernie Ford Mammas & Papas Sandy Nelson Jimmy Rogers Highwaymen Weavers

40's, 50's, 60's 70's "Hit Parade" stuff

Tina Turner "Steamy Windows" Barenaked Ladies "If I Had A Million $$$"

Hey! I'm a Baby Boomer, one of the first off the line, so I got imprinted on this stuff. Play me a few notes of the beginning of anything in that period and my imprinting will fill in the artist, the title, most of the words and whether you're playing me a later re-cut or the real thing.

-- Nora (imagine a Canadian flag here) =======================and the Rollerskate (imagine a '99 gleaming SILVER Miata here)

Home Page
2003 RATG III
2003 NH Spring Run

Reply to
Nora

Reply to
Harry et MaXin5

Indeed. Stompin' Tom. Canadian content. Especially "Believe in your country" with its line "If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, you can better serve your country by living somewhere else."

And "While our polititians divide our precious land, we speak in French and English but they still don't understand."

Stompin' Tom, unabashedly Proud to be Canadian. :D

However, a little of Stompin' Tom goes a long way, so I space 'em out on the CD with a lot more fast-beat heavy percussion stuff.

-- Nora (imagine a Canadian flag here) =======================and the Rollerskate (imagine a '99 SILVER award-winning Miata here)

Reply to
Nora

White Stripes - Elephant Alice in Chains - Unplugged Trik Turner - Trik Turner Coldplay - Parachutes Radiohead - Hail to the Thief Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Beck - Sea Change Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Vol. 1 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours The Clash - The Story of the Clash Vol. 1

I think that's about it.

Reply to
tooloud

Sounds great, alas, we won't be able to go right now.

The Zen sounds really nice. I should bring enough $ to bring one home. They cost around twice as much around here ...

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen

That tends to even out over time. Stay *far* away from Archos.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

In my case, I prefer the purr of the exhuast as I shift from 1st to 2nd at the redline than what ever comes out the speakers.

Gus

Reply to
Gus

Not quite. I usually multiply a US price for electronics by 10 to get an estimate for a Danish price, even though there are only 6,4 DKK to the USD.

New stuff like the Zen is even higher.

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen