OT: Motorcycle battery vs lawn mower battery - not for Miata...

Sorry for OT post...hoping someone has experience with this.

I need to get a 12 V battery to run an inflator for camping (six air mattresses), and my telescope mount.

Walmart has a motorcycle battery ($20) which comes with a separate container of sulfuric acid. Capacity about 92 amp - I guess cranking capacity? Also a considerably heavier/larger lawn mower battery ($15) with a 175 amp rating. Seems to be a sealed unit.

Any thoughts about how long these would run an inflator? Which would be best?

The motorcycle battery needs a 1 amp charge. My charger is 2 amp. Would this likely be a problem? Also seems to be fussy about need to add water, acid, and keep charged. However, is small and fairly light.

Thanks,

Gary Fuchs '99

Reply to
gfphoto