OT: Trying to identify some British alloy wheels

Lots of former owners of British cars here, maybe even a few current owners, so I thought that I would try here first.

The wheels seem unbent, just a fair amount of curb scraping, and dings to two of the center caps.

The only information I can find on the wheels is:

"Made in Britain" and "12MM offset". There is also the number "76" stamped on the inside of each wheel.

Do these look familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Now we'll find out about the depth and breadth of knowledge contained in (or, more accurately, accessible through) this source! ;-) Man, I really wanted to get this one right but I did about as good as I did on Jay Leno's web site trying to identify old cars! NOT GOOD!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I was just hoping for a "those are just like on my MG!", or something to that effect. I'm not sure where else I should go to ask about them.

Oh well, they were only $1.25 each, and the scrap aluminum return will at least cover that and then pay for lunch.

It looks like at least two of them will clean up very nicely, so I will give it just a little more research before taking them to the recycling yard.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

What is the diameter? 14 inch or 10 inch (Minilites) or something else? The 7.5 might mean they are J7.5 width. I could check with some of my friends in the English sports car club.

Stuart H.

Reply to
Stuart H.

They look like 14's, but I was wondering if maybe they are 13". Definitely bigger than 10", and they seem pretty wide too. I guess I will have to actually break out the tape measure today.

The "7.5" is actually a "76", with no decimal point. It is making me wonder if it represents the year 1976.

If you feel like asking around, that would be great. I am getting ready to take them in to the recycling yard by the weekend following this one if I don't learn something by then, I was just hoping that there was some value to them beyond the metal content.

I am also taking two wheels from a 1996 "M" edition Miata to be recycled. When I had a '96M, I would have paid around $50.00 each for them to have as spares, but I can't seem to give this set of two wheels away. I was able to sell the center caps anyway

Uh-oh,this is starting to get on topic. I do have an actual Miata question that I will post later today........

Thanks again!

Pat

Reply to
pws

The first response from one of my pals is "If the rims are from a Spit, GT6, TR7, or TR8, the centre hole diameter is 2 1/4" and the 4 holes are

2 5/8" apart, and the outside diameter is 14" (13" wheel)."

Ro;;y is a Triumph man and measured his for a response.

Stuart H. '91 Eunos Roadster

Reply to
Stuart H.

The center hole diameter is a bit over 3", and the wheel diameter is about 15 1/4".

Never seen that wheel size before, but it looks like these are for something else.

Thanks for looking!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Thanks to those who tried to identify these for me. The 4 British wheels went to the recycle center today.

That was about 58 pounds of aluminum alloy at 53 cents a pound. I also took my two 14.5 pounds each Miata wheels in, so the total aluminum weight was 87 pounds.

Talking big bucks! Made my money back anyway, and the cleared out garage space is nice. Now if I could just find a place for that Miata 5-speed transmission.......

Thanks again!

Pat

Reply to
pws