Our little secret?

Took "Red" to a charity car wash yesterday, and as I pulled up one of the volunteers told another "Be careful - we've got an expensive car here...". Looking at the other vehicles being washed, mine was clearly one of the least expensive of the bunch (and most likely a lot less expensive to keep running as well). At well over 60,000 miles, she looks as sharp as ever, and evidently looks like she costs far more than what I paid for her ($10K at 51,000 miles).

I often get the "Nice car!" comments, but this is the first time anyone mentioned how expensive the car looked.

So, this might be our little secret...

Reply to
Michael Verive

Stopping for a family at a crosswalk yesterday, I was surprised when the little boy pointed to my car and said "Cool!", and yet completely ignored the Porsche Boxster stopped on the other side. Imagine if I had flipped the pop-up headlights at him as well...

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

Well wath you tell me sound very familiar to me.

Since i have the car (BRG '91) te past year i heard various comment on the looks of the car. going from Mazda's are good (says a 50y old 323 driver), to Nice car from mostly 10y old boys. you maybe never get used to it but its certanly not enoing.

bad english

"Michael Verive" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
dingo

My 94 Laguna Blue gets great comments all the time. More than my Porsche Speedster ever got!!

Reply to
glenf

Hey All,

When I told a friend I paid $7K for my '95 w/ 50K on the clock, he nearly flipped.... "I thought those cars were $20K plus. i told him they are when new....

My car has it's share of small door dents and other little scratches but for the most part, still turns heads...and by gosh, what a blast to drive, I'm still smilin'

Wes

'95 Montego

Reply to
Wes Gardner