Please Help: 626 overheated, now won't start

My car overheated last night. As I got off the freeway it turned off, it smoked a little under the hood, and out the tailpipe, it also smelt like burning. It leaked a lot of antifreeze before, and when it overheated I don't think there was hardly any antifreeze left in it. the car turns over now, but won't start.

Some say a piston seized up, others say the head gasket blew. I don't know what happened, belts in the engine move when I turn it over, so I don't think the a piston seized up. Can anyone tell me what they think it is.

Reply to
crm

what happened, belts in the engine move when I turn it over, so I don't think the a piston seized up. Can anyone tell me what they think it is.

I think it is time to open up the engine and look. It ain't good, that's for sure.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto