Pulstar Plugs

Has anyone on the MB tried these new scam plugs?

I guess people are will to try anything new that comes out on the market. The advertising claims are outrageous. Scam companies can make incredible claims, and the suckers bite. Pulstar claims in several different ways that the spark delivered is 20,000 times greater than that of ordinary plugs.

Some of the claims regarding improved gas mileage and increased horsepower have been scientifically tested. Testing results have not conclusively found any difference between new Pulstar plugs and other brands of new spark plugs.

So what does this patented new circuit do? Is it a capacitor that cancels the inductive reactance? Is it a resonant circuit that is tuned to a high frequency? Is it a coil to boost the voltage? (I don't think so, as they recommend a maximum gap of 45mm.) I think it is a old formula designed to render $24.95 a plug from the gullable customer!

Reply to
lgadbois

Newsgroup.

Now, now, you should keep an open mind.

You could consider them "pioneers".

Maybe. More study is needed. Let me make a start.

Just what is so incredible about that? I sure feel I am not unjustified in saying that in my assessment, I am 2,000 greater than you, Larry, Of course, I am not claiming to be 2,000 times *larger* than you, just 2,000 times *greater*. I have two white Miatas, you see, and that is surely what greatness is all about!!

Surely you recognize that the technical details are a trade secret that the government is trying to suppress! Or maybe you are very young?

However, there is almost no doubt that the actual material cost will be extremely small, based on historical data.

The customer has any right to spend 100 bucks on four spark plugs. I stand tall for freedom!

I have not yet looked at anything on the pulstarsplugs web site, but some internet stuff is interesting, and if pulstar want to contact me about a mutually-beneficial silent scientific agreement, I am ready.

Gee. I thought it would build up a voltage difference across the spark plug gap. If it ionized the air, how would it get the voltage for that?

Gee, I thought ionization would kill off any voltage difference rather than build it up.

I always thought it was incoming *electrons*, not voltage guys, doing the heating. What do I know?

Gee. When I was in high school, they claimed it was electrons having a place to go, not voltage guys stuck, that heated up ignition components, including the spark plug. I guess I finally understand why those cheap appliances drain their batteries so much when shut-off. Their current shut-off mechanism is so effective, the voltage guys there have nowhere to go but heat up the battery contacts.

Absolutely. Turning voltage guys into heat satisfies the second law's definition of *murder*! I see no excuse.

Gee, when I was in high school, it was voltage, not power, that overcomes the resistance in the spark plug gap.

And then I thought power and watts were a *rate* of consumption, and that

*energy* was the quantity you could accumulate. When I was in high school, they taught us that 1 million of watts discharged over two billionths of a second was *not* a lot of energy.

But I now see that the power of the spark plugs, not the burning of fuel provides the power in engines. I do not even know why you Miata owners keep putting fuel in your cars. Can't you see that it is over $3.00 per gallon now?? Buy some better spark plugs instead! Sheesh!

Leon ;)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

What seems to whoosh the suckers is that, if true, it would be approximately 20,000 times more than the engine can use. It's hard to fix what ain't broke.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Yeah, I put them on my '99. It didn't work out so well. When I tried to start it up, the vast energy release of the twenty-thousand-times more powerful spark blasted the cylinder head right through the hood, in fact it ended up in low earth orbit. You should see the hole in the roof of my garage. My car is wrecked and my wife is super pissed. Also I've been fined $50,000 by the FAA (supposedly the cylinder head on its ascent was tracked by radar as passing within 1000 feet of a commercial airliner in flight) and what's worse, a U.N. committee is convening to discuss my violation of the international ban on orbital weapons. So, like, caveat emptor, as they say.

yrs jp

Reply to
johnny p.

Now this is just nonsense, the Pulstar spark plugs will not give enough energy for a cylinder head to achieve escape velocity on their own.

I suspect that you also had a Vornado air intake fan installed which gave the cylinder head the extra "oomph" needed when the spark plugs blasted.

Even then, unless the cylinder head was painted white, I am skeptical.....

Pat

Reply to
pws

Agreed. It couldn't have been an electric supercharger, though, or the entire car would be in orbit.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers