question

this past weekend, i had the misfortunate of running the front of my

90 sky blue into the side of a lexus SUv that made a left turn in front of me. the car is still drivable, but a dashboard light stayed lit and eventually depleted my battery. i'm not sure what that light is supposed to signify, but i'm assuming that it has something to do with the airbag deploying.

the question is: what can i do to defeat that light so as to continue driving it until i get the car examined (and presumably fixed)? the drastic measure would be removing the light, but i'm guessing that there's either something i can reset or a fuse i can remove temporarily.

any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

p.s. - i reattached my front license plate using a 5" gate hinge - a corrugated strip across the bottom of the plate constituted sufficient counterweight to bring the plate back upright at rest, but the plate now folds back at cruising speed and no longer impedes the flow of air. and it cost me only $8 in total materials!

"i can spell. i just can't type."

Reply to
barry

I don't believe there's an airbag light that is going to deplete your car's battery in this situation unless maybe you left the key on in the "run" position. More likely something grounded out against something else and depleted the battery.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo