Racing Beat Power Pulse cat-back

What do you guys think of it?

I'm planning on a whole bunch of upgrades including:

Flyin Miata AFCOs with V8Roadster control arms, FM anti-roll bars and their butterfly brace.

Because I've got this upcoming trip down to California with the GF.

:-)

Reply to
Alan Baker

It's gonna be a fast trip? Anyway, I hope the roads are smooth!

Reply to
charlie

Well... ...that depends on your definition, I guess. I'm headed down there to take the Skip Barber open wheel course at Laguna Seca.

Why? Do you think the car will be unacceptably harsh riding?

Reply to
Alan Baker

It IS a Miata isn't it?

More than suspension mods you'll need a stack of credit cards because of this:

"with the GF"

Those things can be VERY costly (but sometimes worth every penny!)

Have a great trip, watch out for idiots, drunks and cops.

Reply to
XS11E

I know this is an ancient post, but I just ordered a set of these:

I filled out the questionnaire on the website and the next day I got a call from Shaikh. What kind of driving do you do? Where are you on the ride vs handling spectrum? He ended up suggesting something between the GT and sport package.

I'm really looking forward to getting them. So the caveat is there is a

4-6 week lead time on orders. He was upfront about it, so I knew that going in. Small company, custom work, etc.

FCM has gotten good reviews on mazda-speed.com but I haven't read any comparison reviews with other shocks such as the AFCOs. They're in pretty much the same ballpark price-wise.

Reply to
Carbon

That ballpark is WAAAAAY out of my league, what do they have for $19.95?

Reply to
XS11E

In the end, I went with the AFCOs from Flyin' Miata and I'm just starting to learn about them.

Reply to
Alan Baker

I'm sure they're excellent as well. Anything that can survive Targa Newfoundland and a v8 Miata has to be tough. I like the Flyin Miata folks. I've been in contact with them and I'm probably going to order their Little Enchilada package for my MSM. I'll also be getting a 3.63 gearset and ECU reflash and then I'll call it a day. At least until that blows over with the wifely unit and I'll getting some nickel 15x8 ULs and TBD tires. And then I'll probably call it a day...

I'm just wondering, have you done anything as far as stiffening is concerned? Because I've read that the FM butterfly brace

does wonders in an NA. How was driving school?

Reply to
Carbon

In addition to the AFCOs, I added the FM butterfly brace, the Cannon rear sub-frame brace and a Racing Beat front brace.

The car feels like it is one piece now, and ready to take any power upgrades I throw at it.

Awesome.

I have to say, the folks at Skip Barber have their curriculum very well designed so that by the third day, I was pretty comfortable driving a kind of car I'd never before encountered--one with much faster reactions, both good and bad--at over 100mph.

I think there was only one guy in the school who was faster than I was and he had a lot of previous experience including previous Skip Barber schools and lapping sessions.

They were offering a deal where $200 down would secure you a spot for 18 months at 20% off the regular price, so I'm going again.

:-)

Reply to
Alan Baker