Radio-CD Player Stopped Working

Driving my '99 Miata yesterday, I noticed that the same song from the CD inserted in the Mazda Bose system was repeating. I pressed the random button, and the whole unit stopped functioning. No matter what buttons I press, nothing happens. The antenna stays down, but the clock/station/whatever display is frozen at 8:25. A cursory check of the underdash and engine bay fuses showed them to be intact. Any clues?

Reply to
KKennedy

If the clock is dead you may not have any power to the unit, pull it and check the plug.

You can find which pin is which here:

XS11E

It was the after-market alarm system....a short drained the battery. Boosting the car caused the alarm to sound, and the key fob switch could not disable it. Pesky. I had the whole thing disconnected (who wants to steal a '99 anymore?).

Reply to
KKennedy