Radio Knobs

I had a friend - an audio guy - doing a gig up in Minneapolis once, who didn't, one night at a the hotel lounge...until they were up in his room. I wish I had a photo of my friend's face when he encountered that little (or big) surprise.

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

pws wrote in news:ATa9h.2015$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

Yes, this is a family newsgroup. A very disfunctional family but nevertheless..... ;-)

Besides, I didn't want to be the one to tell you your chances of any other kind of hummer were zero.... :-(

Reply to
XS11E

Heh, the oldest profession in the world, the largest population in the world to date, a massive supply and demand, but a few sting operations will make it all go away. To top it off, the vice cops don't want it to stop or they will lose their jobs just like the hookers.....

Pat

Reply to
pws

No, not a pleasant thought. Arnold is getting up there, but he is still a big and strong guy. I'll bet that if he wants to give someone a hummer, then they get that hummer. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Can you imagine everyone on here being related to each other? Now that is scary.

Don't feel bad, it's just a size issue. Kind of like trying to park a Ford Excursion in a tiny garage. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

And as the Governator, he has staff to set it all up. :)

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

pws wrote in news:y7k9h.2140$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

You mean like trying to park a Miata in a blimp hangar.

Reply to
XS11E

I'd have to buy a Miata, right? :)

Not Miatas, but I *have* owned two Mazdas. Both Wankels, but not RX7s.

A pair (orange and yellow) of RX-3 station wagons. :)

The wagon earned "1973 Import Car of the Year" from Road Test Magazine. :)

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

Well, at least you left me in the automobile category. You could have said like parking a dirt bike in the shuttle hanger.... ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

That actually looks pretty cool. They were made around the same time as the original Datsun Z-cars. Interesting. I don't think I have ever seen one before.

Pat

Reply to
pws

They went hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :) (That was also an ad campaign for them.)

They were a blast. Way peppy for its displacement (which I don't offhand remember), and a pretty slick looking li'l wagon for its time. Can't find a good image of one. I moved to Hollywood in it from Michigan -- me, a duffel bag of t-shirts, sweats, jeans and underwear, my typewriter, and a full-sized (used to be called double) mattress. :)

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

If the analogy had involved a dirt bike that would've been an indication that some personal hygiene attention was in order... :)

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

Google found me this thumbnail; the image it pointed to s no longer available:

I finally did find a good image of the wagon. Heh. Check it out:

Besides the baby wheelstand, note the gauge kit on the hood and the slicks.

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

Love those "wayfore" mirrors, anyone got 'em on their Miata ?

pix please...

Reply to
Remove This

Replied inline