Red paint for 1990 Miata

The nose cone on my 1990 Miata is quite faded, and I want to fix the problem with some cans of red spray paint. The Mazda dealer has only the little containers of touch-up paint, and none of the auto parts stores I've tried so far have the right kind of red paint. The body shop at the dealer's would, of course, do the repaint for me, but I hate to think what it would cost. I've done some hunting around on the Internet for the cans of spray paint, but so far haven't had any success.

Does anyone know a good place to get spray cans of paint for a 1990 red Miata?

Reply to
Kenneth S.

perfect match, a sample of the shade of red you need should be sent to Tower. Nuff said!

Reply to
chuckk

You might try automotivetouchup.com (found in a Google search, no personal experience), or any local automotive paint wholesaler. You want paint code SU (no clearcoat). But it's not gonna match anyway, since the rest of the car has 15 years of UV exposure.

Before you resign yourself to a repaint, give the Meguiar's system a shot. The cleaner + polish + wax approach might bring back the color.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Ken,

Before yoy run off and buy some paint to spray on that nose, know that the paint on the "bumper covers" are a special paint for flexable surfaces. You may be able to what you want from Tower Paints, but be sure that you tell them what you are painting. (It is NOT the same as what you would use on the rest of the body!!! ) Most "Auto Paint Supply" stores can can mix the paint and put it in a spray can for you.

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Reply to