Removing door panel 2000 Miata

I have looked at Miata-net to find out about removing interior door panels on a Miata. All seem to deal with older Miatas. Is there any info posted on removing the door panels on a 2000? (Or can someone who has done this on a 2000 give specific info?)

Reply to
junktin

It's no big deal. Autozone (and others have a nifty crow's foot tool that helps. There are some concealed screws. One is under the little hunk of rug in the inside door pull the door closed slot, and the other is under the inside door latch. The majority of retainers are the plastic type that you pop loose with the crowsfoot tool. The 99 and the 2000 are the same. The door latch can be twisted and fed thru the hole as you remove and install the panel. If you have manual windows, the handle will need to be removed, again using a window crank tool from your frendly auto parts store. Remember which way the handle pointed when you removed it.

Reply to
chuckk

Reply to
junktin

It's for a 2003, but should help.

Reply to
Natman

Reply to
junktin

By coincidence I had to pull off a door panel for my 99 yesterday. There are 3 screws: one in the cup behind the door pull, one below the "carpet" inside the door handle and one in the top of the door handle. There are three plastic fasteners, one below the triangular window and two on the back edge. These unfasten by pulling the center piece out about 1/4" with your fingernails and then pulling the outer piece free from the door. The rest are plasic posts that are held in the door panel and will pull free of the door. Work your way from the top front down and backwards until you reach the top back, pulling one at a time free as you go. Then lift the panel straight up to free it from the top of the door. This will be easier if you have lowered the window first.

Check out the rest of

a great deal of miata audio info.

Reply to
Natman