replace motor in '95

Hi, it been awhile since i've posted... what are good options to replace a motor in a 95? use the same 1.8 motor? use a newer motor? tia, peter

Reply to
peter

peter wrote in news:rR3ug.131358$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Using the same motor is the easiest, somewhere around 1996 they had variable cam timing which increased the power but which would probably require a new computer and related wiring, I'm not sure what the differences would be?

If you want a little extra ooomph condider something like this:

XS11E

XS11E wrote in news:Xns980157F59FB4Dxs11eyahoocom@70.168.83.30:

^^^^^^ It's possible I may have meant "consider" but who knows?

Reply to
XS11E

When you think about that power to weight ratio, it can make you stutter real bad!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo