Replace Tail Light on 2000 Miata?

My friend has a 2000 Miata with a damaged left rear tail light. Is it difficult to remove the old light assembly and replace it w/ the new one? I haven't had the opprotunity to look inside the trunk to see how the assembly is attached to the body. Are instructions available on line?

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
Tom

All things are relative. If you are using a used light assembly as a replacement, you may need to add some sort of sealant to the old rubber gasket. (They are not difficult to replace.) If any instructions are on line, they would be at Miata.net

Reply to
Chuck

It seems like it m,ight be a good idea to buy a new gasket as well.

Reply to
Tom