Replacefront fender

My son needs to replace his right front fender (1990). How hard is this to do by himself? Any ideas where to get a red fender? Thanks.

Reply to
cheese

You can google search and probably find some options but this is one I've had in my favorites for awhile;

You can also call local salvage (I don't think they call it 'junk' any more) yard. Around here, they are all connected on some radio communication system (think of it like a party line that everyone is on at the same time) and they just put the request out there, the sellers with the particular part respond. It's pretty interesting.

Also, Pat (PWS) on this news group is parting out a few miata's (Austin TX), you might try him.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

"cheese" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

There's a guy on Ebay who sells fenders, painted to match whatever car you have. I've no personal experience with his products.

To change the fender, be sure to have some help to hold it while attaching it. Some blankets to pad the new fender while moving it and attaching it might be a good idea?

Reply to
XS11E

Oh yeah, two sets of fenders, but none in red except for what is on my daily driver. One set is 1996 "M" starlight mica blue and one is "Leon White". The driver side , (U.S. Models), fender from the '96M has slight damage, the driver's side white fender is in great shape.

I may also have a set of '91 Silverstone fenders, both in great shape, but I am leaning towards restoring that car because the frame is good, it just needs a new hood and headlight buckets, along with an engine rebuild.

Almost any car is going to need to have the paint matched to look right, especially one that has seen 16 years of sunlight. Unless you are willing to live with a different shade of red, the paint job will probably cost more than the fender.

Fenders are also hard to ship without damage and they go at dimension weight, which is expensive. A properly packaged miata fender would probably register as a 30 pound package, even though the fender is only a few pounds in weight.

To the OP, if you are anywhere near central Texas, send me an e-mail. I would like to sell these locally if possible.

Pat

Reply to
pws