Retrofitting a/c to a uk spec mk 1?

I am thinking of doing the above, with a set of parts obtained from a Japanese spec Mk1 (Eunos).

Can anyone offer any pointers please? I'm not sure how easy a job this is. I found an article on miata.net, but that appears to be for a Mk2 left hand drive.

There don't appear to be any holes in the firewall for the tubing, neither does the wiring appear to be present.

TIA

Reply to
Simon Wilson

This probably isn't very helpful, but it's a lot easier to sell the car and buy a Eunos; if you don't like the image, just get a UK shape rear trim panel and change all the badges. You might want to call Andrew Stott at Autolink UK; he can probably advise on whether it's even feasible, since he sells lots of new and salvage parts and is a general MX-5 expert.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

It's not worth selling/buying another - I'd lose too much on what I've already spent on it. The a/c's not essential, but I have been offered all of the parts at a good price.

Thanks for that, I've sent Andrew an email.

Reply to
Simon Wilson