Roll Bar/brace & Shock tower brace installed

Hello, Put the roll bar /brace in yesterday. Took 3 hours and some cussing and drilling. Not real difficult.It has a rattle inside the bars when I hit a bump. I did tighten the 2 bolts that came with it. Ya think someone that built this fake rollbar put something inside as a joke? Maybe that is why it was so cheap on eBay ($85). It does help stiffen the car though and I will tighten the bolts again and if it still rattles I will drill a hole in the bottom and a small one in the top of the bars and fill it with foam. Put the front tower shock brace in today...15 Minutes, works good the whole front end feels much tighter. Only $8.50 on eBay. I also have a cold air intake kit ($25 on eBay) but not sure about putting it on. It has parts missing but what do I do with the two 2 sensors that are going in the stock filter box ? Is this set up worth the effort of installing? Any suggestion hints or advice would be appreciated. Larry Hill

Reply to
Larry Hill

Probably not. Does it have a CARB EO#? If not, it'll be a problem at smog time and can also be ticketed before then. Perhaps I can have a look if you'd like since you're local.

Cheers - Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

I fooled with a CAI (MonsterFlow) and found little improvement. It might be noticeable if you drive at the peak of the HP curve a lot, but all I really noticed was a different intake sound. I sold mine to return to better air filtration.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Maheux

Thanks for the feedback on the shock tower brace. I went ahead and bought one yesterday. It was so inexpensive I couldn't resist.

Reply to
Brian Turner