Sadly I just need to sell mine

Sadly, I just need to sell my Miata. It's a great car, but it's a lousy ONLY car. I need a four-seater.

How much love should I give it (i.e., how much money that I don't have should I be spending on it to prepare it for sale?)

It needs a new back window. It kinda needs a new set of tires, too. I don't think it needs shocks but I bet if I stuck new ones on there, it would be a world of difference. It annoyingly has a CD stuck in the player that won't eject (I use my iPod anyway.) The battery is brand new.

I don't really have the time or money needed for all this or they'd be fixed already.

The car itself is: 1997 Black w/ Tan leather and top, 45,000 miles, manual shift, body and paint are great.

No real questions here, just thinking out loud.

-FPtM

Reply to
Fruit Pie the Magician

Soooo FTpM,

How much do you want for that run down sled??? Hugh?

Dale P.......... Red 1991 Miata

Reply to
Dale Peterson

well that's part of the problem. I still owe several thousand on it. I think if everything were fixed (at least the window and new tires), I oculd probably get 7-8,000 for it around here. (SF Bay area).

There's a line that, when crossed, will just make me want to keep the car more. I'll guilt myself into keeping it because of the investment. heh.

Reply to
Fruit Pie the Magician

by a second 4 - seater car !

If you count the cost of A new top New shocks new tires, new audio

You have reached olmost the price of a small 4 seater car.

Reply to
dingo